Re: Still more questions, but we're getting there.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on September 27, 2000 at 09:43:01:

In Reply to: Still more questions, but we're getting there. posted by Gerry Smith on September 26, 2000 at 18:10:11:

Gerry,

Just so we are clear, I am not recommending doubles for diver's with 11 dives. I clearly stated that I dive with doubles but that I don't expect that others should/need to do the same.

Most DIR diver's that I know when diving recreationally use an AL 80 with either a H-valve or a Y-valve. Like I said, I tend to dive different profiles, environments every weekend so rather than continually change my weights or exposure suit it was easier for me to settle on AL 80's and a wetsuit for dives from 0' - 200', and then a drysuit and PST 104's 200'+.

I'm not sure why you say that 100' END or EAD is *ridiculous*, conservative maybe, but certainly not ridiculous.. I have found that after time and getting into the DIR mindset that I would no longer even consider doing a dive with an END greater than 100'.

I also used to do quit a bit of deep air stuff, I also have many dives on the Moody on air, but I know find I enjoy the dive more, I remember more, I'm more confident that if something goes wrong I'll be able to anticipate it and/or deal with it better, it is much easier to breath a mix with He in it at depth, there is no noticeable deompression differences in the dives in the 100' - 200', and I feel better after the dive.

Final question for you with respect to your 150' END is that when you are doing dives to 150'?? Or is it when you are doing deeper dives then plan your mix for a 150' END???

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]