Re: Update on La Crescenta fatality

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on September 27, 2000 at 15:43:05:

In Reply to: Re: Update on La Crescenta fatality posted by kelphead on September 27, 2000 at 14:49:27:

Kelphead,

You didn't tick me off or raise my blood, but I'm on a lot of different scuba forums and each forum tends to take on a personality of it's own, and lately this board hasn't been as much fun as it could be. We spend to much time arguing for the sake of arguing and your response struck me in that vain. It goes with out saying we will never know for sure. In 99.99% of diving accidents you don't know for sure, all you can do is speculate based on the best information available, experience, facts. I think it would be fair to say that the Sheriff dept and the U.S. Air Force have significantly better resources to analyze accidents than most of us do. I relayed there conclusion, and yet simply because I support a procedure that coincides with there conclusion, the Sheriff Dept and the U.S. Air Forces' conclusion are now in question... That speaks to an undertone on this list that is troubling.

Anybody can make any arguement they want, but at some point reasonable people must make educated conclusions. And other than a few on this list, the majority of VERY experienced and trained personel have concluded that a buddy would have saved this Air Force rescue diving team memeber.

If that isn't enough for you there isn't much more that I can add..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]