Re: Beach diving entry techniques

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Other Ben on October 05, 2000 at 11:57:50:

In Reply to: Re: Beach diving entry techniques posted by KellyG on October 05, 2000 at 10:48:59:

I'm a new poster, too, and while it is obvious that Jim has lots of experience and knows what he is talking about,
I would rather hear people's opinions (whether I agree or not) than insulting them to the point that they
take thier opinions elsewhere. So Kelly, I hope that you do not leave the list because of RAP's comments, (which
actually offended me, as well). I do not like to see anyone denigrated for posting opinions, especially in an
educational forum. As a side note, I've divemastered for one of the largest PADI schools in the state (maybe the
nation) and every instructor I've ever dove with has taught the buddy entry method. I'm pretty damn sure it's in
the PADI manuals. I'm going to review them tonite to make sure. And if it's not, then you still have LOTS of PADI
professionals teaching that method. Saying that I'm "...not too bright" for calling beach-entry a PADI method is
A) Wrong, because an organization is made up soley of it's members (who in this case DO teach this particular method
and B)Hypocritical, based on your non-taunting post.
My main point is that right or wrong, agree or disagree, nepotism and inbreeding of knowledge is all that results
from forcing people with different ideas off of the site.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]