Yukon trip this Sunday

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on October 10, 2000 at 15:36:43:

I have received many e-mails respecting this weekend's dive. I have 2 spots not yet confirmed (ie; paid for ) if anyone is interested.

The game plan is as follows:

We have reserved the conference room at the Dana Inn ( directly across the street from the Blue Escape ). The conference room can hold up to 30 people so all are welcome for the lecture portion. We are not charging for the lecture..

John Walker and myself will start this lecture at 10:00 am on Sunday 10/15.. We plan on giving a basic overview of the wreck, wreck diving protocols, tips, hints and suggestions.. We will also have our gear configured and be happy to explain why it is configured the way it is. While John and I both subscribe to the DIR philosophy and our gear will be configured accordingly, this lecture will differ substantially from our DIR demo's. However, it is important to note that when approaching a dive in an overhead environment ( OE ) a diver should pay particular attention to his/her gear configuration.

We will discuss line techniques, OOA sharing techniques, why a long hose is essential in an OE, primary and back up lights, lost line and silt out discussions, signalling protocols, kicking techniques, rule of thirds, disproportionate tank relationships, redundant air supplies, metal to metal connections, cutting devices, why Nitrox is very highly recomended for this dive, streamlining and more. We anticipate our lecture will last about an hour and then will spend the remianing time answering questions and helping to reconfigure gear if so desired.

The cost of the trip is $60 per head and tanks and weightbelts are included... Anyone wishing for Nitrox must reserve ahead of time and can contact Manny or Matt at the Blue Escape ahead of time. www.blueescape.com. This MUST be pre-arranged if you want Nitrox. The maximum depth is 100' and we recommend a 36% should you desire Nitrox. Nitrox is an additional charge and will be paid to the Blue Escape directly.

The Dana Inn's phone number is 619-222-6440 to call for directions..

Special thanks to Don Lake for arranging, and paying for, the conference room.. Thank you Don...

The Blue Escape will depart at 2:00 and we plan on dividing the group into 2 teams of 8. I will lead one group and John Walker will lead the other.

We want this dive to be as enjoyable and as fun for everyone, but our main concern is safety..

If anyone has any questions or would care to join us please let me know. As I stated earlier, the lecture is free of charge and we can accomodate up to 30 divers and I have a couple of spots left for the dive...

Hope to see you..

Regards

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]