Re: Halcyon Dive Equipment

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on December 10, 1999 at 20:28:48:

In Reply to: Re: Halcyon Dive Equipment posted by Brad on December 10, 1999 at 00:03:12:

You are correct in that I used the incorrect adjective. I did of course mean swimming vertical to the bottom. I hope everyone atleast understands this point before they are worried about wing -v- bc.

However, I do respectfully disagree with your theory of a jacket sytle be inflating around the torso thereby keeping the divers head above water.

This is simply not the case. Anyone who has ever surfaced far from the boat and had to surface swim bac to the boat can attest to the fact that when you are at the surface, even with bc ( jacket style ) fully inflated your head is simply not above the water. The jacket style bc may inflate you so as to prevent you from sinking but it will not, and can not, by design inflate your head. The keel weight is designed to provide for the tank to *turn over* and keep the tank underwater but because of the design of the wing will cause the diver to float face up. Therefore the head and mouth will be above and out of the water.

Regards

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]