Re: Three good reasons to boycott PADI

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Poulas on October 19, 2000 at 18:46:30:

In Reply to: Re: Three good reasons to boycott PADI posted by Frank, AADIVER, Farmer on October 19, 2000 at 16:05:13:

Some what of a lame answer for someone who is considering mentoring other divers. You answered in a blanket fashion, so let's me a little more specific. I will start with the way I ask the questions. You do promote your way of diving. By even considering mentoring someone involves learning the ways and means of the person acting as the mentor. Or is this a case of do what I say not what I do. I want to take it and I never said you glamorized anything.

-Please explain to us this personal diving profile that you have perfected over three decades of diving.

-Why is your way better than another? I know what you answered, but why is it good for you? Is it a secret that only AADIVER can understand? If it is how can someone else learn to understand it?

-Allowing you a false sense of security in my opinion in diving solo must be one of the reasons you dive the way you do. What are the others? I want to be a leader and I am already self reliant should I become separated from my buddy. Again explain to us why your way is better than the way someone like myself dives.

-Give us little bullet points like someone else did recently in regards to DIR diving. Please explain point by point out all the pros and cons from your point of view.

These are are very fair questions in regard to items you have written about in the past.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]