Re: RE (from Eins): Ken, are you sure you know what you're saying?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Kurtis on October 29, 2000 at 23:54:27:

In Reply to: Re: RE (from Eins): Ken, are you sure you know what you're saying? posted by Frank, AADIVER, Farmer on October 28, 2000 at 23:46:15:

(Frank Farmer asked) Ken, why is EANx okay for military and commercial diving in depths shallower than 130 fsw but not okay for trained sport divers?

Never said it wasn't okay for sport divers, Frank. Merely said we don't do it at our store or on our boats. It's called a business decision and in the same way I fully support your right to make whatever decisions you want in your personal life (including nitrox), I assume you would also fully support the right of Billy and I to run our business in the manner we see fit. If you disagree with those business decisions (as you do), then you're obviously under no obligation to do business with us and Reef Seekers (and you don't). Sometimes people just need to agree to disagree. Fair enough on both ends. There's nothing wrong with that as, IMHO, this is one of those issues where there really is no "right" and "wrong", just a decision you feel comfortable with after a measured weighing of all the facts on all sides of the issue.

(Frank continued) Convince me if you can that I'm in a greater risk of a bends hit with 36% rather than 21% at that depth on that particular wreck.

Convince me that you're going to get bent diving 21% within the NDLs.

This is not about you convincing me or me convincing you. This is about seeing two sides to the arugment, which you seem wholly unable to do.

(Frank ends with) Ball's in your court, Mr. Reef Seeker.

Actually, Frank, please feel free to take the ball home with you. Game's over.

ken Kurtis
NAUI Instr. #5936
Co-owner, Reef Seekers Dive Co.
Beverly Hills, Ca.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]