Re: LIBERTY trip for only 50 bucks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on October 31, 2000 at 11:34:29:

In Reply to: Re: LIBERTY trip for only 50 bucks! posted by Frank, AADIVER, Farmer on October 31, 2000 at 07:56:20:

Frank wrote:

You hard core techies are way out of my "old school" diving league.

Thank God for that...

But Frank why you see guys like me and Walker and other's pushing this issue is because of posts such as this and other's that you have offered up. On the one hand you have offered yourself up as a possible mentor to younger and newer diver's. In that regard it is reasonable for anyone to wonder what it is you have to offer and you have countered with a sustem of diving called *indepedent diving*, but when pushed for specifics you resort to the catch all * it's my way and not for you techies blah, blah, blah*.

If you aren't willing to discuss specifics don't offer your services. This bbs has a history of requiring backing up what you say.. You should not expect that offering up a system, from what little I can digest from your limited explanations, appears on the surface to be unnecessarily dangerous.. All you continue to say is that it is your way and it has worked for 30+ years.. I say, who cares...

If you plan on continuing to post these concepts without specifics you shoud well expect that we will continue to denounce your way in the strongest possible terms.. This isn't a techie -v- anything else as much as it is someone offering up something absent sufficient back up.

For example, it's obvious that Ken and I disagree on the Nitrox issue but to Ken's credit at least he offer's rationale ( albiet wrong ;-) sorry Ken couldn't resist ) for his position.

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]