Re: USCG saves a diver

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on November 06, 2000 at 10:19:32:

In Reply to: Re: USCG saves a diver posted by kelphead on November 02, 2000 at 16:14:13:

Kelphead,

I was originally planning on not responding to another one of your non-diving related *corrections*, but then we got to talking about this board over the weekend while we were diving the Yukon. My sense is that the last several of your posts have had little, if anything, to do with scuba diving but have been wasted efforts in attempting to worry about how I present certain facts. In this example you claim I should have added this or that, completely ignoring the fact that the link I posted covered every detail you are requesting.

I have spent a great deal of my time trying to help you out in diving.. I have lent you gear, I have taken you out on a trip, I have spent hours explaining advanced diving concepts to you and you seem to forget that I do this as a way of giving back to the dive community. I have NEVER charged one cent for my efforts to anyone. To the extent that I run trips, as a way of bringing diver's together, if the trip makes money I donate it to the Catalina Chamber if it loses money I pay the difference..

But it seems to me that you are trying to be a part of certain discussions, but rather than have the ability to add diving related value to the discussions you are posting for the sake of being involved in the discussions..

So just so we are clear on a go forward basis, I'll post my information in a way that make sense for me in terms of available time, in terms of relevance to local diving and in my judgement the likliehood of advancing the discussion.

We finally touched on a substantive issue respecting Naui's POTENTIAL conversion from the gas model to the bubble model.. It was clear based on the responses that not alot of people are even aware of the differences, let alone the potential effects, but rather than discuss these important issues, you wasted 2 of your posts suggesting that I didn't give you enough facts, when I gave you a link to a story that had everything you asked for. And the second of your posts request that I read an entire book ( ignoring the fact that I read that book years and years ago ) to figure out that the concept of *independant diving* which Frank told us was in that book. You suggested that I should have read the book and told him it wasn't in that book.. We have repeatedly requested Frank to explain his position and his response was that it was cited in the solo book. FTR, I could care less if it was, or wasn't in that book.. It's a stupid and dangerous concept whether it's in a book or not, so I certainly wasn't going to waste time researching whether or not Franks representation are true or not..

You are new to this game, you lack the experience necessary to debate advanced diving concepts so I suggest that until you gain sufficent experience that you limit you contributions to asking questions and trying to learn. Stop wasting your posts on whether or not you think I post sufficent information when you are too lazy to follow the links...

If the concepts are over your head, I'll explain them to you, but to insert yourself into these dialogues just for the sake of discussion isn't helpful and in fact is quit distractive..

You were very quick to jump on the bandwagon when you felt I did something out of line to Frank, so to the extent that you desire everyone minding there p's and q's I would encourage you to revisit some of your posts..

I will NO longer respond to any of your posts that are not of a diving nature. If you don't like how I present an issue you have a couple of options:

1) you are free to study the issue and learn it yourself;

2) you could pay for a class and I'm sure the instructor will go over it;

3) you could gain the experience necessary to render the question unnecessary;

or you could understand that I have a job for a living and I do this as a labor of love and I don't have the time to write a thesis every time we introduce a concept that you aren't familiar with.. I make no claims to being John Grisham, I write how I write and your constant nitpicking about subject matters that are generally over your head is annoying...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]