Re: Why so sensitive?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frank on November 07, 2000 at 22:48:23:

In Reply to: Why so sensitive? posted by Eins on November 07, 2000 at 22:05:09:

"...less accidents (your claim).
That claim was demounted..."

Unusual use of the word demounted. Dictionary: "To remove from a mounted position". As I told KELPHEAD, I should have said, In My Honest Opinion. That's simply how I recall those early days. Better? More collectable wreck artifacts and better viz but I certainly appreciate today's advances in both choices of gear and better understanding of gas laws as they affect us physically and psychologically. I guess I would also embrace the emergence of tech diving if I were younger and not such a Luddite when it comes to advanced gas math. EANx is as techie as I care to get. Beginning to understand why the tech community is down on 21% deeper than 100 fsw. Yeah, I'm an old, opinionated dog but I do want to learn new diving tricks. I just don't want 'em jammed down my throat as the be all and end all. I responded to a request to explain "my way" of diving, but I'm still getting flamed as an idiot and buffoon, about two clicks from self destruction. I recall the motto of a restaurant on La Cienega Blvd. in the early '40's: IT'S MY LIFE, I LIVE IT, CRITICISM BE DAMNED. Sorry to drone on like this, no flaming intended.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]