I agree wholeheartedly about the hoses

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on November 12, 2000 at 09:34:48:

In Reply to: Re: DIR question posted by Max Bottomtime on November 12, 2000 at 08:51:52:

Having the neclaced 2nd stage could be easily done in OW and in short order the standard gear configuration would start changing. To me, this one is a no brainer. Many times I have had to look for my octo, and even though it is clipped to the same spot everytime, and I probably pull it out and use it underwater every month or so, I can tell that in a panic an infrequent diver could have a problem. Putting the octo where it needs to be just makes sense.

In case you are wondering why I use my octo so much, I guess I better clear this up.

I often assist OW classes and act as a SUPERTANKER (95 SCF). When students are sucking ther tanks dry before the end of the class. I can sit next to the airpig and he can use my air to keep his own tank's level up. I can balance the bottom times this way and make sure that there is plenty of time available for everyone to practice/perform the skills. Otherwise, they might not finish the class in the alloted number of dives (boat trips). Since the instructors I work with will not certify a student who can't comfortably do the skills, it is important to work hard to give everyone enough time underwater. Otherwise the student might have have to pay for another boat trip!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]