Re: P.S.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JR Gordon on November 17, 2000 at 15:14:18:

In Reply to: Re: P.S. posted by AADIVER on November 17, 2000 at 08:07:18:

Frank,

I think Mike addressed that in one of this previous posts regarding dive instructors versus the weekend diver such as myself.

But the issues you raise are the same ones I struggle with myself when I dive off charters. If it's strictly recreational or hunting above 100fsw, I usually dive my double 85's with hyperoxic tri-mix (30/30)and accept the mix that topping off with air gives me for subsequent dives. I try to get 2 dives out of my pumped up 85's before I step on them with air, unless I'm on the Lois Ann or the Peace where I'll top off with EAN32. I do this for my son's tanks also, so it does get expensive, about $28. per for the tri-mix fills. Again this is my deal as I'm concerned about narcosis and long term damage to my body from Nitrogen and of course that of my 18 year old sons.

I realize it's burdensome driving to get mix fills and lugging doubles around, but it's a choice I make for myself and my son and I'm willing to pay for those sacrifices. As Mike said, it up to the individual.

JRG

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]