Must you hunt?? (+)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mattschechter on December 04, 2000 at 20:37:37:

In Reply to: Catalina posted by Mike on December 04, 2000 at 17:25:51:

I certainly don't mean to rain on your parade, but having said that Chris hit a soft spot with Ship Rock. IMHO that is one of the most beautiful places to dive in catalina. Period. I know that there is a thrill to hunting but to me it just doesn't seem right. Especially for big fish. I can see it if you really need the food but just hunting for sport doesn't make sense to me. What is the difference between (pardon the triteness)shooting with a spear or a camera? You get to keep the picture for posterity and leave the grand fish for others to see. I'm sure that you've had this argument before on this board and I certainly don't mean to start another but I just don't think it's right. I certainly would never "throw paint on a coat" for this issue and whatever you do (as long as it is leagal) I have no right to stop you but I can persuade you to think of the other side. I got into diving (recently I might add) to see what was there, not to take it away. Well thank you for indulging my rant and I hope I havn't made anyone angry. DSAO but give a second thought to hunting.
-Matt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]