May I suggest that...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on December 11, 2000 at 22:35:33:

In Reply to: Re: Emergency Phone #s for All Divers posted by MHK on December 11, 2000 at 15:05:08:

This is not an appropriate venue for this attack. It sounds like you have sent similar requests to Ken via email and he has not responded. I guess I do not blame him, but to attempt to publically humiliate him for his lack of response to your private attacks is not a good reflection on you.

By and large, volunteer charitable organizations are grateful for individuals who work and sacrifice for the cause. Do these workers deserve the attention and recognition they get? Yes. Do high profile volunteers benefit the organization? Yes -- just look at the number of hollywood types that are asked to speak on behalf of charities. And of course there is your famous challenge which has been of great benefit to all of us who dive here.

The only reason that I can think of for demanding a resignation of the chairman would be lack of effort or lack of results. It seems to me, as an outsider, that Ken has done yeoman's duty in that regard.

I do not know why you desire to harm him. But personal attacks on those who do not share your opinions is having an opposite effect. It makes you look petty, and adds to the credibility of any calm, reasoned voices of disagreement.

As one who hopes to never use the chamber but is glad to know it is there, I extend my thanks to Ken, you, and all others who have worked to keep the chamber on line and up to date.

I assume there is a steering committee associated with the fund raising activities. If you have a beef with the way things are going, take it there. I strongly believe the chamber is best served by high profile supporters, such as yourself, only publicizing the good aspects of Chamber Day and encouraging all divers to join into the community of chamber supporters.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]