nah, no big deal, because i freedive to that depth all the time +

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on December 13, 2000 at 00:53:40:

In Reply to: Re: oh hell, i was with my buddy the whole time. .kept seeing his light + posted by AADIVER on December 12, 2000 at 22:28:28:

if my failure points failed, i'd just surface and turn off my tank valve (if the failure was causing me to lose air) and swim back to the boat, cast profane aspersions upon the ancestry of my gear manufacturer (both maternal and paternal sides), and spend the rest of the day freediving.

And then, because i am such an incredibly cheap bastard, i would probably go home and fix the failure myself, if it was so fixable. It might require turning a little brass fitting on the lathe or be as simple as sewing or gluing a BC part back together, or machining a piece of plastic temporarily to do the job. But enrich the folks at DEMA? NOT! the first person in this world to enrich is myself. Then comes my banker (and only then because he really does earn his points and fees), and then comes the local boat owners (hey when a man's gotta dive, a man's gotta dive-i can't help it if thats every weekend in my case!). As for DEMA, they aren't even on the list!

Hakuna Matata baby! woohoo!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]