Re: Dual Tanks vs. Pony Bottle

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jon Davies on December 15, 2000 at 23:28:50:

In Reply to: Dual Tanks vs. Pony Bottle posted by Randy Medaris on December 15, 2000 at 12:40:53:

Although I'm not 100 percent familiar with the Zeagle Tech, I have a Ranger and I think both BCs have the same tank-mounting arrangement (four vertical strips of thick webbing stitched together).
For mounting doubles on my Ranger, I had the dealer put in a pair of backplate grommets. (If your BC doesn't have them already, can also send the BC to Zeagle and they will do it for free).
But instead of a backplate, the doubles are secured by a pair of stainless steel brackets (about 2 inches x 4 inches) and wingnuts supplied by Zeagle.
I was skeptical at first because I assumed this would be very unstable/uncomfortable but I was wrong. It's rock-solid and completely comfortable (especially with the lumbar pad).
To mount doubles, you have to remove the regular tank bands. To switch back to a single, you rethread the bands.
I don't have any experience with Zeagle's double-tank bands but these brackets are great. Until I'm ready to upgrade to a full-fledged backplate system, this is working well for me.
Jon

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]