Ah, legal = right?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on December 21, 2000 at 15:40:37:

In Reply to: Re: PADI Wreck Specialty Reqmts? posted by Frank, AADIVER, Farmer on December 21, 2000 at 15:20:37:

Sorry Frank, I couldn't help myself. I knew you'd take that bit of flamebait about pillaging. It's a slow Friday, what can I say.

But I do think it's kind of interesting that your defense for taking from wrecks is "it's legal" one the one hand while telling those us who hunt to stop our "legal" underwater enterprise. Well, maybe you didn't tell us to stop, but you expressed your displeasure at our harvest of the sea's bounty. Touche.

And I do think that it is kind of silly to let stuff rot for "possible future archealogical value" when there isn't a snowballs chance in Havana that anyone is ever going to study it. I don't consider myself ready to venture into the wonderful world of OE diving yet, but rest assured, when I'm ready, I'll be pillaging away right beside you (although independently, of course :-).

Advise to the barbarian hordes: Remember to rape and pillage *before* you burn...

JRM

-- someday I may actually make a CWD meeting. I paid my membership 6 months ago :-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]