Re: Who or what is DIR?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Clinton Bauder on January 12, 2000 at 19:23:51:

In Reply to: Re: Who or what is DIR? posted by MHK on January 12, 2000 at 16:50:40:

The WKPP guys have accomplished some amazing things and Halcyon equipment is certainly nice. I recently replaced my BC with a Halcyon Backplate/Wings rig which mostly fits in with the DIR concept. So far I'm pretty happy with it and I have found that the WKPP community is a valuable source of good info.

Having said that, though, it does seem that these guys and Irvine in particular are prone to a more "Do It My Way or Else" kind of attitude that borders on dogma rather than philosophy. This is especially evident in their newsgroup postings. I have noticed that Halcyon has started to move away from this a bit and has removed much of the more inflammatory stuff from their (much improved) website. I hope this reflects a move on their part away from yelling and screaming and more towards an education approach.

I'll be interested in hearing what they have to say. I'd go myself but I'll be on my way to Socorro by then.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]