Re: Who or what is DIR?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on January 12, 2000 at 19:54:31:

In Reply to: Re: Who or what is DIR? posted by Clinton Bauder on January 12, 2000 at 19:23:51:

I agree that in the past Irvine has been rather insulting. In fact, he and I had many wars. But that aside I went down to Fla. in August and did a dive with him, Volker, Mee and John Walker from here in L.A.. George is much more pleasant to deal with IRL. Also, if you follow the tech list at all you know that Irvine sent a blanket apology to everyone and indicated that he now believes that rather than beating up people on the tech list, it's more advantageous to dive with them and show them and explain.

I am the 1st to admit that I thaught George was an asshole, and told him so on many occasions, but if you check the ego's at the dock ( as we all will on this trip ) you can learn more in one day than you can in 20 flame wars on the NG's.

Trust me, they aren't investing this kind of money, flying 4 diver's, one photographer and all this demo gear to get into a pissing contest with people they don't even know. Trust me, no one had more wars than me with George. But when you take it off line it all comes together.

Even if you can't make the dive you should try to stop by the evening before. Again, George, Jarrod Jablonski, Bill Mee and Dan Volker are not charging anything for there time and/or gear.

I'm the meany charging the money, and that's because I have to charter the boat and if there is any left over I'll probably pitch in for there trimixes and perhaps flights.

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]