My wife just read my posts and said I need to say more

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on December 31, 2000 at 10:12:45:

In Reply to: You may be right, but it works in other places posted by Wayne on December 30, 2000 at 15:53:04:

Julie said that I should have made it more clear how I feel about divemaster lead tours. According to her, it might appear that I am choosing to take local divemasters along because of my own inexperience or fears underwater, which would be wrong.

I am an active Divemaster (all fees and insurance paid) and have been diving Southern California for many years.

The point is that I choose to dive with local DMs when I travel to enhance my dive experience. Not because I am a wuss, but because it makes for better diving. By selecting a local DM with experience in the local of your dive, you get a "local" who knows the area and can show you the sights. By selecting a DM or higher rating, you know that this person will not be a menace to your safety, and you will probably not have to save him/her. And if you get in a jam, they have the skills and training to assist you in a calm, reasonable fashion.

I think tourist divers of all levels should consider using DMs. I do and I have had much more fun on many dives because I chose to take along a tour guide and got oriented to the local diving conditions.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]