Re: DIR

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on January 03, 2001 at 16:26:25:

In Reply to: Re: DIR posted by Randy54 on January 03, 2001 at 15:47:56:

Randy,

I'm a little confused... You stated that I said that DIR allows different configurations????

I think that I have been pretty clear, to the point of being accused of the self-annointed evangelic cult leader, about the standardized gear configuration...

I'm not sure where you got the impression that I suggested alternative gear configurations..

But that aside let me see if I can address the points that I do understand..

As for the back-up reg bungeed around the neck I'm having a hard time visualizing a properly sized bungee not fitting comfortably.. I may not be able to answer this question via the internet until I had an opportunity to see what the problem is... Sorry..

The BP and wings helps to create better trim and leaves the stomach area free.. This decreases drag and minimalizes any potential entanglements.. This is particularly meaningful if you dive kelp beds often enough...

As for computers I've been very clear in that you should immediatley loose the cumbersome consoles and wrist mount the computer until you gain the requisite understanding of the profiles.. Computers were invented to suplement the understanding of decompression profiles not to replace it..

Hopefully this helps clear up any confusion...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]