Re: Promoting vs. Discussing/Solo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AADIVER on January 05, 2001 at 08:31:29:

In Reply to: Promoting vs. Discussing/Solo posted by Ken Kurtis on January 04, 2001 at 23:04:25:

Ken, I don't understand exactly what you mean when you say:

"I won't dive nitrox because I don't want to deal with a hard bottom or oxtox concerns,"

Oxtox I understand, of course, if you exceed depth limits, but you don't dive deep anyway. But "hard bottom"? What does that mean?

I got fried on this Board for leading folks to think I was advocating and/or promoting solo diving when I identified myself as an "independent" diver. We agree that solo is riskier than qualified buddy pairs. The reason I dive independently relates only to the reason I dive: shipwrecks and the recovery of artifacts. I require total concentration on the wreck, the OE, the search, and me. It's impossible to correctly buddy dive without at least 50% concentration on the buddy. That would render me 50% less effective on my diving "mission". So I consider myself an "exception to the rule". When I dive 40% EANx to 90 fsw on the wreck of the Valiant I safely double my bt because the EAD is only 60 fsw and my PO2 is 1.5.
Question: what are your objections to diving 21% to no deco limit and ascending on EANx from a pony for reduced N uptake and treating it as though it was 21%?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]