Re: show me the proof

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Walker on January 05, 2001 at 23:39:41:

In Reply to: show me the proof posted by Chris on January 05, 2001 at 18:16:58:

Chris, all I was simply saying is that Nitrogen appears to cause many problems including fatique due to both its soluable and retentive properties in fats. Inflamatory reactions from this can cause a change in your body chemistry. All of this might very well change the exchange rate of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide to and from the many tissue groups. If this happens you will surely suffer a reduction in vital capacity due to hypoxia and hypercapnia alone. And I did give you one reference on the gas/tissue issue, Jolie Bookspan PHD.
If you are to lazy to research I will give you more but you may want to start with Bennet and Elliots book the Physiology and Medicine of Diving. Heres a few more. Look them up.

Diving and Subaquatic Medicine
Edmonds,Carl,Christopher Lowry,John Pennefeather

Mechanisms of action of general anesthetic agents
Alifimoff JK, Miller KW. Princaple and Practice of Anesthesiology 1993

Roles of nitrigen, oxygen, carbon dioxide in compressed air
Hesser CM, Fagraeus L. Undersea Biomed 1978

Complement activation in diver after repeated air/Heliox dives and its possible relevance to DCS
Hjelde, Bergh, Brubakk, Iversen . 1995

Diving decompression fails to activate complement
Shastri, Logue, Lundgren , Suggs
Undersea Hyperbaric medicine 1997

Relationship betwwen complement activation and susceptability to decompression sickness
Ward, McCullough, Fraser
Applied Physiology 1987

Venous gas emboli and compliment activation after deep repetitive air diving
Zhang,Fife, Currie, Moon, Piantadosi,Vann
Undersea Biomedicine 1991

Complement activation involvement in decompression sickness in Rabbits
Ward, McCullough, Yee, Stanga, Fraser,
Undersea boimed. 1990

Dying by Pieces-Soft Tissue Damage in Divers
Monaghan. Sources 1990

Now if you would stay out of your pudding you may have noticed that my preferrence leaned beyond nitrox to helium based mixtures.

As far as marketing hype at its best, anyone who knows me will tell you that I market nothing. I am not in the diving industry other than an instructor and people generally have to work at getting into any of my training courses.

And if you we're to take note at Jim Hoffman's prices on Nitrox mixture and Classes then compare that to what others charge and how much he has spent on his fill station, you would surely see that he is not marketing the gas. He is promoting safety.

If I can help any further please don't hesitate to ask.

JW

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]