Re: Hey MHK, thanks for facilitating the DIR demo and the great day of divin

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on January 24, 2000 at 18:04:45:

In Reply to: Hey MHK, thanks for facilitating the DIR demo and the great day of divin posted by Jusfer on January 24, 2000 at 13:22:22:

Hey Gang,

Actually it is I who should be thanking all the participants. When I 1st thought about doing this I had no idea what the turnout would be. I, personally, thought it would be a good idea but I didn't know what to expect. I'm very glad for the turnout and I'm sorry I had to turn away so many others that wanted to join the dive. In fact, I think it was a little crowded on the boat but everyone seemed to handle it well.

Given the level of enthusiamsim I will try to do it again. Would everyone be up for it again in about 6 months????

BTW, didn't you find it curious that Sport Diver magazine felt it important enough to fly in a reporter but our own Dale Scheckler, our local magazine, couldn't find the time even though he was invited on 3 occassions?????

Do you think it had something to do with his stance on tech diving???? I even spent a fair amount of time with him talking about how this demo had a direct impact on the state of recreational diving and the advances in tech diving that would make recreational diving safer.

Please feel free to show your frustration by e-mailing Dale Sheckler at StBrendan2@aol.com

Regards and thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]