Re: Ken Kurtis and the Solo -v- Nitrox discussion/promotion

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AADIVER on January 13, 2001 at 09:47:53:

In Reply to: Re: Ken Kurtis and the Solo -v- Nitrox discussion/promotion posted by Ken Kurtis on January 13, 2001 at 00:20:01:

First, and most importantly, I respect your position vis-a-vis being a shop owner/operator. It's an excellent store. But when you say...:

"11. In addition to the reasons given, from a practical standpoint, we also use air on the boats to limit the number of tanks brought on board. Since we tend to fill most of our trips, we prefer people only bringing a single tank so the deck doesn't get too crowded. With nitrox, you're talking multiple tanks and a more crowded deck"

...I have to take exception. My 120 cu ft steel when filled with 40% EANx gives me double bottom time on the wreck of the Valiant. With a safety factor, I get 40 minutes instead of 20 minutes. I guess I'm a bit of a "niche" diver,i.e. rabid wreck ferret, as the Brits would say. So my single 120 wouldn't clutter your deck at all.
Finally, a question: even though you don't support the use of EANx, why won't you let divers with EANx certification and experience use it on your boats even with a small pony?
Thanks for your informative response to MHK's post.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]