Re: Mixed gas deco planners

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kendall Raine on January 30, 2001 at 08:37:16:

In Reply to: Mixed gas deco planners posted by John Martin on January 29, 2001 at 20:23:18:

John;

I have used Abyss for about five years and have been very happy with it until recently-I Doppler myself regularly. Abyss last year finally integrated the Weinke's RGBM algorithm into their suite of Beuhlmann and proprietary models. I've had nothing but trouble with the RGBM. Chris Parret has not been helpful at correcting these problems as he has been distracted trying to get the mixed gas computer Explorer shipped-after a two year delay. Perhaps Chris will get back on track. I hope so. The Abyss functionality is really slick. Lot's of bells and whistles including a mixing function-which I don't use because it lacks real gas modifiers-log books and other jingles and jangles. It's more expensive than GUE's Deco planner which runs a limited version of the RGBM based upon the Varying Permeability Model. The other difference is Deco Planner works, from what I hear. If I don't get a working RGBM by the end of February, I'm switching to DecoPlanner.

Hope this helps.

You might ask Mike Kane about Deco Planner if he doesn't respond on his own since I think he uses it.

PS I used to use MIG Plan in the early days before Abyss-forget it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]