Re: Unpracticed makes imperfect. Weekend Report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on February 20, 2001 at 11:29:43:

In Reply to: Unpracticed makes imperfect. Weekend Report posted by R Bear on February 20, 2001 at 06:48:10:

I was at Peacock yesterday and the Park official came by to check our C-cards and told me that Sunday there was a double fatality and I believe he said it was at Jackson Blue, can you confirm???

As I understand the facts, it was a 4 man team that had just completed OPEN WATER class on Saturday. They obvioulsy had NO cave training whatsoever, poor skills and had no business being in the cave. But from what I was told by the Ranger, 2 of the team made it out and as of yesterday at noon Florida time the 2 had not been recovered yet. They did a search late Saturday night bit did not recover the bodies.

What hit home was when the father of the one of the two miising diver's came into Extreme Exposure dive shop and began asking Charlie if there was any possibilty that the two could have found some type of air pocket in the cave and be in there until help arrives.. The pain and desperation was obvious and hopefully next time we a discussion of this nature and someone posts that it's the right of the diver to kill themselves they'll understand that there are other's that are also effected.

This obviously isn't a double fatality that we will likley see out here in California, but the pain of losing a loved one in a diving accident knows no geographical boundries...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]