You are asking the wrong question Eins...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by R Bear on February 26, 2001 at 08:52:29:

In Reply to: backup computer--more liberal or more conservative? posted by Eins on February 24, 2001 at 08:29:57:

The real question is, how do you want to dive?
If the new computer is more conservative, are you willing to give up bottom time? For what? Have you gained weight or developed some problem that leads you to believe you NEED to be more conservative? Conversely, if the new computer gives longer bottom times are you going to trust it? Have you felt too conservative in the past. Do you bend your computer (but not yourself) regularly and are looking for something a little closer to your style of diving?
I bend my computer all the time. Quite frankly I am much smarter about my deco status than my computer is. Both of your computers give you an opinion about your deco status. Neither opinion is correct. Those opinions are just data. Take that data and dive how you need to.
To answer your question...
Dive which ever computer is closer to your own personal reality. If you get stuck diving the backup then modify the numbers it gives you in which ever direction is required for your own idea of reality.
DSAO
Ron

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]