Re: Solo Diving

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on March 13, 2001 at 08:51:04:

In Reply to: Re: Solo Diving posted by MHK on March 12, 2001 at 11:51:07:

Fair enough but as soon as it gets ugly I'm out of here or I'll go to the fire station and borrow a flame proof suit.

These two polls aren't the Gallup poll granted. I took the nation a long time to accept what happened in Florida and gore. Yet it should open some eyes to what a large percentage of the diving population want. More freedom and independence to choose. I believe agencies that previously condemned solo could still do so yet teach to do it a little safer. Doubles/manifold or pony, etc. I doubt you will see a solo cave diver card. We do agree a good buddy system is safer than solo but many divers go solo and they do it wrong and they will continue to do so. I see some that don't even carry a redundant air.

This could be an opportunity to reach divers and raise their awareness to safer diving practices. You know what is also a joke and double standard is when DM's working the boats get a break and go do their dives, most of them go solo. You mentioned that DM on the Yukon for example. Solo diving is happening we need a deal with it.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]