Re: CHAMBER DAY (details)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on February 28, 2000 at 21:33:51:

In Reply to: Re: CHAMBER DAY (details) posted by Chris on February 28, 2000 at 17:51:54:

Chris,

It has been the long standing policy of the Chamber Day event NOT to accept training as prizes.

While it may seem illogical at first, the reasoning behind it is that the idea is for the dive community to join together for a day. We spend an extraordinary amount of time getting manufacturer's to danate prizes. Trust me this is no small task. Billy Wright from Reef Seekers is really the guy who has to twist arms.

The current thinking of the Chamber Day Committe is that perhaps other shops would be reluctant to promote ticket sales if the ultimate prize is that there customer could win a class from another shop.

While this may not reasonate with the average diver, please trust me when I say there is an extremely sensitive amount of politics that goes on behind the scenes to make this event the success that it is.

If you look at the prizes that are raffled off you can plainly see that there are VERY good prizes and we hope to raise the bar each year.

It may not make alot of sense but we have spent many hours debating this very issue.

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]