Re: solo certification - an opinionated opinion

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kendall Raine on March 15, 2001 at 10:15:50:

In Reply to: Re: solo certification - an opinionated opinion posted by AADIVER on March 14, 2001 at 17:07:00:

Thanks for the invitation. You're right, I've not dove with the CA Wreck Divers so I don't know how your loose buddy system functions. Perhaps Chamber Day will work. I'll get back to you. My mistake about the Moody. Sorry. Thought I remembered something from you to Kevin about the trip 3/31 so I thought you were going.

Questions, though, about this loose buddy system: Do you guys dive with a unified plan so that, despite being far apart, everyone knows where everybody else is? Are individual plans discussed collectively before the dive? If so, how do you keep other divers from checking out your secret spot? Do people form loose teams to look after each other from a distance? If so, how does this work in poor viz? Do you all go in together and agree to meet someplace at a particular time-like at the up line at the same time? If so, and someone doesn't show up on time, what do you do? What procedures does the loose buddy team have in the event one of you gets disoriented/lost on the wreck? Has a physiological problem? If one of the loose team wants to ascend early because they're cold or doeasn't feel well, does the whole confederation go up too? Do they go up alone? How does the whole group know someone is having a problem or is ascending early. Do you deco together-at least the CAWD's going to the Moody? On the same schedule and gasses?

As you can see, I'm just clueless when it comes to how a loose buddy system works and I'd like to learn more.

Many thanks,

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]