Re: Getting a second chance......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on March 15, 2001 at 12:49:11:

In Reply to: Re: Getting a second chance...... posted by Randy54 on March 15, 2001 at 12:23:27:

The book is called Basic Cave Diving ~ a blueprint for survival~ written by Sheck Exley.. It's only about $15 or $20 bucks. You can call Extreme Exposure as I believe they have it in stock 1-800-378-7820..

The 5 minute rule I was taught from Billy Deans, but it is a pretty well accepted custom in the tech area. It's important to note that if you are sympotmatic that I am NOT recomending getting back into the water. The 5 minute rule, such as it is, only applies if you are NOT symptomatic..

I have no idea if it was agreed upon on not in Mia's case, and I suspect you are correct in that the husband signalled he was getting low and she decided to stay.. My point is ( and I'm speculating) that this wasn't the first time a husband and wife very experienced buddy team was faced with this issue. On our team if you did it once we would no longer dive with you until we were comfortable you understood our protocols..

I have no problem signing off on the notion that there is good buddies and bad and I don't want my comments to be misunderstood. I'm not advocating that a diver become dependant on a buddy. In fact, just the opposite, I want every diver to be self-sufficient and in addition to that be cognizant and interactive with an equally self-sufficent buddy..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]