Re: "Wet steel" a no-no.....why?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on March 19, 2001 at 09:50:03:

In Reply to: "Wet steel" a no-no.....why? posted by AADIVER on March 18, 2001 at 23:18:34:

Posted by AADIVER on March 18, 2001 at 23:18:34:

The Scuba Cops are now saying that diving a steel tank in a wet suit is bad for some cockamamie reason

Frank,

We have spent an extraodinary amount of time explaining why we do what we do, if you don't like it that's fine.. We do what we do and we do it how we do it. Some what our answers, some don't and some are fall in the middle..

Given the substantial amount of time I have spent discussing issues with you in private e-mails, and also givne your requests that we help tone down the rhetoric on this list, I resent that you call us the Scuba Cops on the one hand, and then repeatedly as me in private e-mails to try to keep it clean.

Which is it Frank, do you want to name call or do you want us to be nice??? Several on this list want it both ways.. They want to be able to take cheap shots at us and then expect that we be really nice in return..

If you want to dive double steel tanks and a wetsuit go ahead, we've told you why we think it is a poor idea.. Just because something was done that way in 1972 doesn't mean there isn't a better way, or a safer way to do it..

It seems to me Frank you are trying to get the information from us via private e-mails but yet want to play to the crowd in public forums with these kinds of taunting e-mails and I expect better from you Frank, I've come to expect that from a few other's on this list but you seemed to have a genuine desire to learn..

Kendall wrote in another thread over the weekend words that I want to identify myself with.. We don't care how you dive and we aren't telling you how to dive. We are telling you how we dive, how the wkpp dives and how we believe these protocols make diving safer and more efficient. We will continue to defend our diving practices, we will continue to discuss with anyone our diving practices and we will continue to point out hypocrcy when we see it..

Our diving protocols allow us to regularly complete dives that most never contemplate, it also allows us to do the every day recreational stuff with greater efficiency and safety. I'll match out RMV's against anyone's. We hope everyone enjoys diving and despite contradictory information DIR is very applicable to our diving and we will continue to advance our positions..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]