Re: Bio Fins

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on March 20, 2001 at 18:10:43:

In Reply to: Re: Bio Fins posted by MHK on March 20, 2001 at 17:28:23:

I'm going to play a bit of devil's advocate here, so don't everyone get their panties in a bunch!

The reason I think most people feel their getting raped by Halcyon is this:

"We've taken a greatly simplified approach to our gear, and removed all the expensive feature creep inherent in the products." Well, if you've removed all the extras, why does it cost so much more than the stuff *with* all those unneccessary things???

And for the record, I use BioFins. I have a pair of JetFins, too. With the exception of a bunch of kicks I don't do yet (pretty much useless in OW), they work great. I also use them quite a bit for freediving when it would be insanity to enter with my longfins (usually when jumping off the cliff at my favority ab spot).

I would love to start using the Halcyon BP & wings. And I'm constantly checking ebay and other sources trying to get a used set. The other problem is the SCUBA equipment market. It's kinda like used cars. The crap is marked *way* up, and then marked down again so we can have the illusion that we're "getting a deal". I'm sure a great many people balk at the pricing scheme that Halcyon uses (I would guess it's more popular with the shop owners).

You're right though. Anyone who spends a couple of hundred bucks on a set of fins is a moron!

JRM

-- BTW, if anyone is parting with a BP/Wings setup that needs a good home, where it will receive much TLC, please email me!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]