Re: DIR videos now on the web for free

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on March 24, 2001 at 21:52:40:

In Reply to: DIR videos now on the web for free posted by MHK on March 23, 2001 at 09:25:38:

Thanks, I finally got the video to work once I downloaded the proper player. I feel as far as video streaming to the web goes the quality is pretty good. So, an airplane went over head and the sound wasn't edited out, big deal. I'm interested in what they have to say. I don't agree with some things George says or wants to accomplish but I did pick up some pointers that I will use, thank you. George brings up overweighting especially over wall dives where a BC failure could sink you forever. I would expand that to say you must be able to become positve by ditching lead in this case. Even in warm water, on walls wear a 3mm wet suit with at least 8 lbs of bouyancy, no steel tanks, no heavy backplate, a neutral bouyancy BC. Do not put your weight belt under the crotch strap, in this environment. I think tank weights and diving practices like putting ankle weights around tank necks are a bad idea. Especially tank weights that can't be ditched. One other suggestion, is that if you DIR divers are going to donate your primary to each other the primary should be yellow color so it is known as such. When I see a diver that has a yellow primary and octopus I figure this diver is probably and instructor and is able/willing to donate either reg to a paniced diver. You don't have that option with your necklaced backup so you should make sure that the one you will donate is yellow. I hope you don't mind the suggestions and accept them in the spirit in which you shared yours. If you don't like my suggestions don't use them.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]