Re: 02 at 20'

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on April 12, 2001 at 19:19:00:

In Reply to: 02 at 20' posted by MHK on April 11, 2001 at 12:28:13:

"If you look at the way you appraoched and completed your dive and then compared it to ours I think any reasonable comparisson of the two would render a verdict that we do it safer and more efficently. Moreover, we have a team of safety divers that meets us at 70' they have an AL 40 with 50% in it and we have extra 02 at the 20' stop in the event of an emergency.."

We don't need a jury to render that decision, your dive plan is safer. I can't speak for trimix because I haven't used it yet. I'll take your word on that one. But mine was safe enough and that's all I need in order to have fun and do some nice interesting diving. One issue I like about my dive plan over yours is the fact that I took my deco gas with me in some unforseeable problem where I couldn't get back to the ascent line. I had plans to do a drifting deco. I want get a nice reel so I could reel myself up to my stops(if i had to) rather than drift.

"That's not an indictment inasmuch as it is an observation that most out here that do the Moody see it as a *macho-type* dive"

There was a lady diver on our trip, it is an advanced dive. If you like dropping through dark, cold can't see anything space until you reach the bottom this is fun, if not don't do it. Difficult, I don't know if I can agree on that. Kite/parachute wind surfing now that looks difficult if not down right dangerous. I don't think you even need a c-card for that.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]