OOPS!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on April 14, 2001 at 07:42:45:

In Reply to: Re: Immortal Diver? posted by mike on April 13, 2001 at 00:45:36:

Yah, I seem to have gored someones sacred cow here on more accurately, dised someones local dive/decompression god.
Considering the context I hope that it was understandable.
If you read a story about a guy going to the La Jolla shore and blasting sea gulls with a shotgun for fun, you might think it was just a story of any jerk, but it was a story of John Muir when young.
Apparently this Mr. Pile went on to study decompression theory, but from that essay, it seemed like just a story to illustrate stupidity above and beyond the call.
When Terry posted this, he probably should have mentioned that there was more to the story. From what I read, I didn't feel there was much to learn from it.
The gist of the story I got was that the guy did an extremely deep dive ending in an uncontrolled ascent that probably bent him, then he did it again and ignored a known equipement failure. I didn't see the educational point of it.
Oh well. I guess that's OK, because I have still to figure out the point of doing deco dives on the West Coast. I guess if it's for the point of making deco dives it makes sense, but I'm more into sport diving.
As you said, it surely is a wild story.
Enjoy, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]