Re: Retort

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on April 20, 2001 at 15:54:07:

In Reply to: Retort posted by scubabum on April 20, 2001 at 15:01:12:

Scubabum,

I acknowledge and accept that not everyone sees things from our perspective. What I took exception to in this thread is that Seahunt is distorting our position.

It's one thing to discuss the merits of the steel -v- wetsuit issue. And honest people of good will can have varying positions. I have no problem with that although as you can tell I'll stand behind my reasons as I expect other's will stand behind theirs.

But to twist and distort the DIR position by saying that DIR recommends steel and wetsuits ( as Seahunt is doing) goes beyond the scope of a debate about the issue and sidetracks the salient discussion points... Seahunt offered up a perposterous set of facts at the DIR demo which amounted to the stupidest set of diving conditions one can imagine, so under that ridiculous set of facts the lesser of two evils was to agree with the stupidity. That then gets posted by Seahunt as an ackowledgement or an endorsement that JJ and/or Robert Carmichael disagree with MHK and in fact DIR does recommend the practice, which it does NOT...

These are two seperate discussion points and Id prefer to stick to the merits of the issues but since Seahunt never advances anything useful it's difficult to stay on the subject matter...

I'm off to the boat for the weekend so we'll finish this thread Monday...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]