Re: choices

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on May 09, 2001 at 22:07:47:

In Reply to: Re: choices posted by John on May 09, 2001 at 19:26:21:

>>Personal choices to take chances should not be publicly promoted. And bragging or taking a public stance on dangerous activities that have proven to kill such as solo diving without a BC incourages deadly behavior.
Maybe I've missed it, but I don't think Chris ever mentioned that on the BBS, but you have mentioned it frequently... It may have come up in the steel tank issue, but I know that Chris has never promoted it. The day you have to hide reality aor truth to control what people think, is a bad day. Depend on the positive points of what you teach to convince people.

>>>It takes an experienced educator and a quality education
Here is an interesting point. How did that experience get achieved in the first place? It is by explorers. While education is perhaps the best way to learn, it is not the only way. To me, the (learning) path is as important as the goal. I have often had occasion to lead or teach, that is because I like to go there first. There is nothing wrong with that. It is just different. If I couldn't learn diving by exploring, practice and reading I would have no more skill than I did at 15, but I assure you I do and my skills didn't come from an instructor.
Enjoy, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]