Re: free speech does not equal vulgar and impolite speach

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Walker on June 01, 2001 at 18:19:26:

In Reply to: Re: free speech does not equal vulgar and impolite speach posted by seahunt on June 01, 2001 at 05:33:43:

Mike,

NAUI asked me to be their West Coast Technical Diving representative. I am NOT applying for any position with them.

This is the type of stuff I commonly have to straighten you guys out on and when I do you call it an attack.

I am the one who has taken all the attacks every time I try to promote safe diving behavior.

Mike, you call me a mean fanatic. Can I tell you of four California divers who will not be able to attend the Scuba Show this weekend. Mia Jean Tegner, Albet Wang, Tim Miller, Katherine Ann Sentner. They all drown trying to have fun diving this year in our Southern California waters.

The haphazard attitudes like some of you are displaying on this list are the reason divers like these four are unable to ever join us again.

This is the reason the DIR system was developed. Because divers were bitting it left and right over the nonsense that mainstream training agencies were creating for profit.

You had a problem with my view of the PADI organization and the bologna that Karl S. is putting out in all the magazines. Well, PADI instructors are among the highest who are “ A DIME A DOZEN “. So much so they appear to be creating more teaching positions by catering to children who don’t have the cognitive ability to keep themselves alive and the neophyte divers that need a badge of courage via a technical diver certificate.

Mike, stop by the Halcyon booth this weekend and say hi. John

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]