Trade shows are just that way

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on June 06, 2001 at 09:58:20:

In Reply to: Re: Wish they were like that at DEMA... posted by MHK on June 05, 2001 at 09:31:54:

You are so right. Industry wide trade shows are EXPENSIVE!

I do not know the DEMA show costs, but I do at least 3 trade shows in the US every year and a big one in europe every other year. For us to do a 20 X 30 booth, it costs about $70,000. Some of that is spent before the show in preparation, some is spent on travel and living expenses, some is wages of expensive personnel being tied up for a little more than a week, some is in post show lead followup costs.

At a show we will have meetings scheduled in advance with key accounts. When they show up, we will be tied up and really cannot spend time with others, no matter how much we want to. If you come to a booth to see someone and they are tied up, come back later or ask when you can get together with them.

Never judge a person or a company by how much time you got in their booth at a trade show. There are too many variables, which as an attendee you cannot see, that govern the time and attention of exhibitors.

Instead look at the fact that they made the investment to be there. They want you as a customer and want to interact with you. You kinda have to ask, if they do not show up at a local show, will they be there for me when I need support?

On a slightly different tack, I wonder how much the pool setup cost. If an exhibitor paid the bill, I'll bet it was EXPENSIVE!

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]