Re: We all say some odd things at times...wet steel question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff B on June 07, 2001 at 13:28:45:

In Reply to: Re: We all say some odd things at times...wet steel question posted by AADIVER on June 06, 2001 at 12:58:17:

Heres a pratice that myself and regular buddy follow in regard to weight and ditching. We both dive integrated BC's and used to load all our weight into them, what a dumb thing to do, I have also concluded that all the weight on a weight belt was not so smart either (integrated BC or not is beside the point here). So heres our solution, we divide the weight up by 1/3 and place 1/3 in each weight pouch and the remaining 1/3 on a belt. Now, we dont have to dump all or half our load should we get into troubles. We now have the option to selectivly dump 1/3 of the weight (1/3 is enough to get me moving up even in a wet steel combo) It also lets you take a few stress relieving minuets on the way up as you are not ballistic when you dump only 1/3. Should we feel the need to get up faster we can always select another 1/3 or the total remaining 2/3 (I dont ever see the need to do this). It also saves some $ becuase my pouches are $38 each not including lead. I'll go for the belt first every time!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]