YES!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JohnB on June 11, 2001 at 12:50:56:

In Reply to: I will second that motion ... regarding some stuff posted by RaiderKarl on June 11, 2001 at 12:01:08:

YES!!!! Besides, to be totally redundant you need to have the ability to remove and take or let someone take ANY part of your gear!! I also dive one reg per tank! I have seen a situation where I had to (chose to) donate a complete Tank and reg from my doubles to a diver that NEEDED to surface quickly but I wanted to come up slow enough to be in condition to help them if needed once on the surface (no help if I'm bent or embolized too). When going "tech" I have three tanks / three regs (one ea./ AL 80 and one/13CU pony) I thought I was the only one!!! I also have no problem with "RollOff" as is referred to so often in DIR configurations using manifolds and in Mexico (where I drive n Dive) they will crack a manifold faster than you can say "Don't Twist..." but have NO prob recognizing two individual aluminum 80's strapped together (which makes more sense to them as well!) I also like to have two regs with different characteristics for different situations but I will be changing that to all three the same rgs soon (ScubaPro probably) AS you can tell I am very happy to see that someone else has the same ideas in configuration, I have found my PEOPLE!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]