Re: Nitrox is the least of your worries.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe R on June 14, 2001 at 22:23:40:

In Reply to: Nitrox is the least of your worries. posted by Richard on June 14, 2001 at 08:53:46:

Yes thats dutch springs... I wanted to try that light in that configuration before I did a deep wreck in some sort of controlled enviroment.
The MLS is history.. I liked my old neutral lite better...
I've since switched to a sartek with a 5ah pack.. with the old neutral lite I liked the butt mounting. I wanted my gear as close as posible to a real dive situation(without my stage bottles), its not as if I needed the lights just a check out dive.. Thats an OMS SS backplate.. and they are loosley bungied...I like the single quick release, and dont tell me its a failure point, the tensile strength of a quality quick connect is greater than that of the webbing, and even if it did break due to neglect, there are still multiple attachment points, so gear is still secure.. It an OMS double bladder... usually the second inflator is hidden between wing and backplate but with that canister it wasn't possible.. thats the main reason its history.. wearing that canister around the waist was unconfortable and got in the way.
I am real anal when it comes to student skills, I'm upfront with my students and tell them just because you are doing a dive it doesn't mean it is going to count towards your certification.
I am a strong believer of using trimix, but MY personal narcosis level @150ish is managable for non penetration dives, I still recover artifacts or get my fill of lobsters.
On many of the dives I do the drings on the tanks are a necessity for keeping the backup reels and lights out of the way (and easy to get to).. I may be carrying tools and catch bags and whatever else is necessary for the planned task.
In the NE we definately need backup lights if your primary fails, there is generally little ambient light if any, and since switching to HID lighting you do not get any warning like older lights.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]