Nitrox is the least of your worries.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard on June 14, 2001 at 08:53:46:

In Reply to: Re: 160' on nitrox? posted by Joe R on June 14, 2001 at 04:03:30:

I visited your web site caled Joe's Scuba Page. The picture looks like Dutch Springs in PA because I recognize the picnic tables.

I also saw the pictures of you in gear. Exactly how many clips, hoses, lights, etc do you have hanging off you? Do you have D rings on your tanks too? Why clip such a huge light on your left side and appear to have a cannister light of some sort (an MLS?) and yet another light high on your left side? Are those double bladder wings on a Dive Rite harness? Are they bungied?

ANDI/PADI/SDI/TDI tech instructor in the NE, a pattern is starting to develop.

It's noting personal Joe but your apparent type of
diving style and configuration is what is eventually going to hurt the industry. Here in California we are trying very hard to erase the mistakes of the past in regards to inadequate training. The same is being done in the SE with GUE. Do us and your future students a favor and seek out instructor certification with GUE. They are on the fast track of becoming the safest of all the technical organizations. As an instructor teaching the courses, you are expected to wash out sub-standard students that do not make the grade. That's a jagged little pill every GUE instructor must swallow to maintaing their credibility in the business.

Again Joe, don't take it personally. Some do not want to loose what little ground has been made up in the past few years especially here in California.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]