Re: Nitrox is the least of your worries.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe R on June 14, 2001 at 22:51:20:

In Reply to: Nitrox is the least of your worries. posted by Richard on June 14, 2001 at 08:53:46:

BTW GUE has many years to go before it can claim to be the safest.. ANDI has been in existance since about '88 and has NEVER had an insurance claim! GUE has a long way to go...
I have been exposed to instructors from many training agencies.. I started out as a padi instructor, chose ANDI because of other ANDI instructors I met and added TDI since there aren't many ANDI facilities in my area.. from what I have seen ANDI has the toughest quality assurance program, EVERY student in a tech class gets a detailed questionair from headquarters to make sure no instructor is shortcutting or putting students in danger. I'm a firm believer of this.
I also believe gear has to be adaptable, you have to make adjustments for the conditions and whatever goals you have.. Sometimes more is better, other times the minimalistic approach is the best. I think the most important thing is know your limitations and be familair with your gear..an emergency situation is not the time to be figuring out things..

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]