"that" Wreck, from a wreck divers POV:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AADIVER on July 03, 2001 at 22:34:41:

In Reply to: about "that" Wreck... posted by Wood on July 02, 2001 at 19:11:07:

This entire thread has totally ignored the existence of a group of local wreck divers who have been diving in and out of and around shipwrecks on both coasts and the Gulf of Mexico since 1971 without a single accident or fatality: the California Wreck Divers, of which I'm a co-founding member. We're a tremendous resource and this Board posts like it doesn't exist. The YUKON is a walk in the park compared to a lot of the wrecks we've penetrated, long before the term OE was ever invented. This Board is also apparently ignorant of the Florida artificial reef program which has resulted in not one but HUNDREDS of artificial reef wrecks, prepped, sunk, and penetrated yearly by thousands of average divers. I read all this whining and groaning and moaning about the dangers of the YUKON and I can't believe my eyes. May I assume that most of you have never dove anywhere else in the world except Southern California? There are wreck mountains in this world and you're agonizing over a YUKON mole hill.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]