Close it, Lock it and ENFORCE IT! I'm with ya Brad!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JohnB on July 10, 2001 at 10:25:19:

In Reply to: Bring on the closures! posted by Brad on July 10, 2001 at 09:57:19:

Sure we individuals do our share of harm but I do though wish that the majority of enforcement be toward the corporate fiheries that decimate entire populations so they can have a new item on the menu at Red Lobster I wish I could remember what it was called but there was a measure or "act" at one time that limited ALL "net" fishing to deep ocean only. Something like 100 fathoms was suggested. I like stuff like that! Corporations should have to act like everyone else, If they can't make enough in the business they are in, DO SOMETHING ELSE!! unfortunately they don't do that, instead laws are changed people are displaced, species decimated all to protect the profit of an already rich corporation Seeing dive clubs hold meetings at Red Lobster is so Obscene! They go in there and complain about the net left all over reefs while giving $ generously to the company so they can get a new net to drop on amother reef.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]