Van Damme Party

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Sedletzky on July 14, 2001 at 22:43:23:

Quite a while ago I posted a message that I am hosting a huge dive party at Van Damme State Park Campground up in Mendocino on August 9th-12th 2001. Well, it is almost here, so I wanted to remind all that are interested that this is going to be a killer time.
We will mostly be ab diving and stuffing our faces with fresh seafood and local micro brews.
Last I heard there are no more spaces available at Van Damme but there are many other campgrounds around that area along with Lodges and B&B's. I am going to set up a schedule of dives so those that those that would like to dive with the group will know where to be at what time.
I would strongly recommend that you bring a kayak or a boat if you have one to give you better access to some of the best spots. There are facilities in the area to rent whatever you need.
For those that are not fully aware of the Abalone laws please read up in the f&g manual for your own good. The water is cold up here (46 to 52) so make sure you have adequate thermal protection.
I will be making one more final post on this subject so stay tuned.

Happy diving to all...

Eric Sedletzky
Santa Rosa, Ca.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]