i agree with Maciek

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CalAbDiver on July 18, 2001 at 13:43:49:

In Reply to: Re: Any recommendations on dive computers? posted by Maciek on July 18, 2001 at 13:23:12:

i have a Suunto Vyper independent wrist dive computer. they also make them integrated into your tank. the wrist version is about $450 and the tank version is about $650 in California dollars. i dont know about the U.K. prices.

the wrist version you can take with you into the restaurant or pizza place after diving to work out your dive log and your after-action worksheet (where you compare what you actually did on your dive to what your dive plan was)

the tank version gives you a calculation of remaining air/gas, remaining time, consumption rate, etc.

the Suunto has an air feature and a nitrox feature. the nitrox feature allows mixes from 21% (air) to 40%. there is also a gauge mode that you can use for DIR, GUE, TDI Tech trimix, Heliox, Heliair.

it beeps and gives you a visual warning when you ascend too fast, very nice for narked egressions.

it beeps and gives you a visual warning when you merge into DECO phase due to too much bottom time.

it has continuous deco credit, but it doesnt give credit for deep DECO stops. i dont think any dive computer does. but thats not a crime.

it has a dive profile report that tells you your depth at ever minute of a previous dive.

it also has a dive simulation mode and a repetitive dive simulation mode.

EINS has one too. you can ask him. i havent seen him post lately. he is a good friend of Mrs. Kelphead. maybe she knows where he is.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]